Union STU Index du Forum
Union STU
Site de la STRATEGIC TEAM UNION de socom ftb3 !

Union STU Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Exchange certificate issue - internal domain name ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Union STU Index du Forum -> L'Union STU -> Section avertissement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Johneames

Masculin Verseau (20jan-19fev) 牛 Buffle
Point(s): 14 799
Moyenne de points: 106,47

MessagePosté le: Mer 20 Déc - 07:44 (2017)    Sujet du message: Exchange certificate issue - internal domain name Répondre en citant

So I have a situation where I have taken over a network support project where the internal domain name is set to server.somedomain.com

The exchange server's full computer name is hence companymail.server.somedomain.com

Now the problem is the company does not own somedomain.com. So when trying to issue an SSL certificate to the Exchange server, godaddy tries to verify ownership of somedomain.com, which obviously cant be done. I have tried to issue the certificate instead to the domain they do own, as outlook.ourdomain.com

but then outlook and mobile mail clients get the annoying certificate warning every time Outlook is opened or mobile devices are set up that the name on the certificate does not match the server name.

I believe there is a workaround for this so that autodiscover can use outlook.ourdomain.com and get the autodiscover info. Both of those are working. But when it gets the server info from autodiscover it gets the server.somedomain.com info and were back to square one. I either end up not being able to connect to the server externally because of the unowned domain or I get the annoying certificate errors pops when the users connect. Any idea how to properly bandaid this? Changing the domain and server name from what I have read is not worth the headache. 

Thank You!!!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618549/exchange-certificate-issue-internal-domain-name-external/

best video advertising

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 20 Déc - 07:44 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Union STU Index du Forum -> L'Union STU -> Section avertissement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Thème créé par Younix et Taylor - Renegades - "http://codmodernwarfare.xooit.fr/index.php" © Tous droits réservés